- First Gig: When I was 11, I was on a sciency, local ABC show called the "Idea Factory" - we taught kids about how locks work. And how to pick them.
- Early KHANversationalist: In 8th grade Spanish class, I was forced to sit on a 4-person table by myself because I talked too much.
- Product Placement Victim: I drive a VW Jetta. Why? Because of "Knocked Up." I had to get a new car, and I watched the movie after graduating college. My logic? Katherine Heigl had a great hosting gig. She has a Jetta. I'd like a great hosting gig. I should drive a Jetta.
- Specific: "Ice water with a straw, no lemon" are exactly the words I use when waiters ask me what I'd like to drink.
- Maps: I'm obsessed with maps. I hate asking for directions. I'd rather be lost for 2 hours and figure it out myself, then pull over, accept defeat, and have someone tell me where to go.
- Cookie Monster: I love cookies. Obsessed. Since I was born, I think. My mom used to call me "cookie monster." In other news, I also like the color blue. And speak gibberish in a hoarse, scratchy tone.
- Favorite Number: 1, 8, and 23 (decided in 1998) - Penny, Kobe, Jordan.
- Strange: I'm left-handed. Like Ned Flanders.
- Math Geek: I did really well on the SATS. Like, I didn't miss a single question in Math. I was getting recruited by schools like MIT for engineering. I opted for USC and broadcast journalism.